Thursday, April 7, 2011

My First Blog

I wore a plastic bag over my head today on my lunch break.  Strange, I know, but I did have a reason. 

I'm working at the Downtown DWS office today which is right by the Gateway Mall.  This is my FAVORITE mall in Utah, so I'm always thrilled to work at this office.  I wandered down to Gateway to enjoy 30 min of window shopping while being super healthy and getting a walk in.  Storm clouds were off in the distance and I didn't think a 30 shopping spree would be an issue.
By the time I left Baby Gap (buying super cute clothing for my niece and nephews), it was raining harder than I have ever seen.  A wall of water was pouring from the sky, hail was begining to bounce down, and I was stranded 4 blocks from work with only a T shirt, jeans, and some flip flops.  My boots, coat, and gloves were sitting nicely folded on my desk. 
I had no one to call, no bus coming by for 20 more min, and no idea what to do.  I couldn'twalk back to work without some type of cover, I would be totally drenched and not professional enough to meet with customers.  No umbrella's were being sold in the vicinity, so that wasn't an option either.  Hitchhiking did come to mind, but there are some crazies around here that I wouldn't want to get into a car with, so the logical choice was to find a plastic bag, put it over my head like a bonnet, and pull out a trash liner from the garbage can to make a poncho. 
I still ended up looking like a drowned rat, but I gave some people a good laugh as they drove by.

2 comments:

  1. love it maren, i wish i was there to watch you wear a garbage can liner as a stylin designer outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats as funny as when Kacey and I made you walk through the drive up ATM and 3 cars lined up behind you! lmfao

    ReplyDelete